Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Corn Cream Soup with Taro Chips


CORN!  I was super excited when we decided corn would be the remix ingredient this month.  I love corn and it marks the start of summer. 
I know I eat it every summer non-stop, but when it came down to the wire, I had no idea what I would make.  What does corn go in? corn salsa? corn-on-the-cob? I needed some assistance to think outside of the box.  So I went to my favorite food browsing site: foodgawker, and found this little Corn Cream soup by the Well-Seasoned Cook here.  Once I laid my eyes on it, I was done browsing.  I love corn, I love soup. No brainer.  The only substitution I made was taro chips instead of lotus root slices.  I would've loved the lotus root slices, but none in my local market.  However, taro chips, fantastic substitution.

Taro Chips
All you need is taro root.  Thinly slice.  Heat a small pot of oil on medium heat.  When it is heathed through, drop the slices in for about 4mins on each side.  This will vary depending on how thin/thick your slices are.  When they have lightly browned on each side, fetch them out of the oil, and place on a paper towel to drain.




Thanks for joining me today and happy eating!

<3 roe

No comments:

Post a Comment