Wednesday, June 27, 2012

phu's chambray and sweet corn salad


Hello hello! :) Thanks for joining and reading the last remix of June (cannot believe it's the end of the month already. Summer is flying by!). I love this chambray shirt. I can pair it with jeans, tights, shorts, etc. I love the light weight feeling of the material and how it kept me cool as I chilled next to the lake with some friends.



chambray shirt: urban outfitters, skirt: h&m, belt and earrings: forever21
  
shoes: h&m; sunglasses: coach

bracelets: forever21 and h&m (Chicago skyline, I love you!)

When the weather here in Chicago is super nice, my friends and I like to have potlucks on a rooftop to chill, grill, drink and grub. My friend Christina, who we nickname Cray Cray, often makes this sweet corn and basil salad which everyone absolutely loves. Hope you guys like it as much as I do!

fresh sweet corn
fresh chopped basil
finely chopped/minced red onion
apple cider vinegar
olive oil
salt (Cray uses pink Himalayan)
black pepper

boil the corn until cooked (15-20 min),
put corn in ice bath for a few minutes to retain color and to stop cooking
cut the corn off the cob
mix corn, chopped basil, red onion, and all other ingredients
start with a tablespoon or two of both the vinegar and olive oil and season to taste
instagram: phuphubear

Thank you Cray for sharing your recipe with me. :)  

I hope everyone had a wonderful June. Let's welcome July and the new remixes: peaches and color shorts. :)

<3, phu

1 comment: