Monday, July 9, 2012

Crazy

It's crazy how my loved ones are spread throughout the country. With a lot of generosity from others and possibly a little divine intervention, I was able to visit a lot of them last week. My golden birthday turned out to be pretty special!

SFO > LGB > LAX > ATL > EWR > ATL > SFO
As soon as I landed in Long Beach, I was on my way to Montebello to help the matriarchs of our family make Joong (Chinese tamales). Lopchong, pork, chicken, duck egg, mung bean, water chestnut, and rice wrapped in bamboo leaves. Boil the packets for 6 hours and you get sticky, fatty deliciousness.

The next day, I headed to Draco in Downtown Los Angeles in my new 'fit to celebrate my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary. 50 years! Crazy! Sliders, pizza, risotto, steak, tiramisu, and open bar. My family can throw a party!
From LA, I went to Plainsboro, New Jersey to see the manfriend. Lots of yummy Filipino food including pork adobo, tosino, champorado, and ube cake! It was almost too beautiful to eat, ALMOST.
Despite all the grubbin', I suited up in my bikini and took my ass to the beach. Still can't believe they make you pay out there. What's up with that, Jersey? 
Got some more sun, and sushi, with the cousin in Atlanta. Hotlanta's more like it. 106 degrees, people. Crazy! Finally, I was back on a plane to San Francisco. After a very filling breakfast at Millbrae Pancake House with the hula sister, we were off to a 4 hour practice. Needless to say, I'm tired and sore! It was a great week with great folks.

I'm "Crazy, crazy for feeling so lonely." You're only a hop, skip, and jump away. Love you all!
<3 C

Crazy - Patsy Cline


2 comments: