Wednesday, August 8, 2012

perfect BBQ maxi

McNear's @San Rafael, CA
Description of Photo

What better way to enjoy a summer BBQ than in a flowy, unrestrictive, maxi dress.  It's the perfect outfit, because it gives me plenty of room to indulge in life's simplest BBQ foods, short ribs, burgers, garlic shrimp, hot dogs, brats, chicken, squash salad, and much more.  I kept life simple with this outfit, some sandals, nothing but my jade bracelet, and a simple necklace.
I used to be wary of maxi dresses.  You know, the whole thing about short people in floor length dresses, but as soon as I gave it a try (less than a year ago), my collection of maxis started to grow.  This one is by far one of my favorites.  I got it from J.Crew Factory on final sale back in April, for just under $30? It was super long, and I had to cut about 9 inches off the bottom.  The jersey knit is so comfortable and casual, yet the empire waist, vneck, and twisted straps give it a faaancy touch to it.

{Outfit}
Maxi: J.Crew (old)
Shoes: Sam Edelman
Sunnies: Kate Spade
Necklace: Stella & Dot
Photos: Courtesy of D :)

Thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned for my Squashy Remix!

<3 roe

1 comment:

  1. you look so elegant in your maxi bug! :) <3 what great pictures! good job D!! :)

    ReplyDelete