Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin Pasta



So I'm not a huge pumpkin fan, unless it's in something sweet. So this challenge was a bit difficult for me because I didn't want to bake and be tempted to eat extra desserts. This pasta had a nice mix of pumpkin and tomato, with a little sweetness, tart from the diced tomato, and creaminess from the ricotta. I served this up for some of the girls tonight.


You will need:
  • your favorite pasta
  • 1 TBSP butter
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1/2 tsp thyme or sage
  • 12 oz pumpin puree
  • 1/2 cup tomato soup
  • 1/2 cup ricotta
  • one can diced tomatoes
What to do:
  •  melt butter. 
  • add milk and sage or thyme. 
  • stir for 2-3 minutes, until milk is hot.

  • add pumpkin and ricotta, stir until creamy
  • add tomato soup, and cook until hot. 


  • add diced tomatoes. 
  • stir with pasta. 
  • serve. 
 Now, I'm going to keep digesting with the girls and some wine. Good night!

<3 d

No comments:

Post a Comment