Wednesday, November 14, 2012

a little something extra

Both of the remixes today made me take some kind of plain ingredients to the next level.

This blue dress is one of my favorites, it's rouched to disguise my tummy, and i can dress it down enough to wear with boots or flats when i go out. But pegasus made me step up my game. I wore it to go out for a friends birthday, and found I just couldn't pair it with the usual. Had to step it up and put on some heels for the first time in..... yea couldn't remember when.






My food remix also took a pretty normal item, meatloaf, and gave it a new flavor. Giada de Laurentiis is one of my favorite chef personalities, and every recipe of hers I've tried was amazing. This turkey meatloaf with feta and sun dried tomatoes was no exception. It's easy, quick to prepare, and always comes out delicious, even if you aren't that careful about measuring ingredients.

It's also great to double the recipe, and save one loaf in the freezer for those times when you need an easy meal. I freeze mine wrapped in foil, and bake for about 1.5 of the time if it's still frozen when I throw it in the oven. 


  • 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 1/4 cup chopped garlic and herb-marinated sun-dried tomatoes
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced, optional
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
  • 2 tablespoons whole milk
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 pound ground turkey, preferably dark meat

Source

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. mix together all ingredients except the turkey. I bought too little feta, so 

3. gently add the turkey. 
4. i couldn't find my loaf pan, so I just formed a loaf on some lightly greased foil. 

5. Bake for approx 45 minutes. The outside should look browned, the cheese will be bubbling. If you have a meat thermometer, inside temp should be at least 165. 

6. Let rest before serving. Enjoy!!! 



Thanks for reading this week's remix!

<3 d

No comments:

Post a Comment