Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Birthday Dress & Strawberry Beet Brownies

I love lace and this dress caught my eye several years ago which has become my LBD. I wore this outfit for one of my many birthday celebrations this month. :)



dress: forever21, shoes: steve maddens, purse: katespade
necklace: charlotte russe 

I usually don't eat beets unless I order it at a restaurant and the likely-hood of that happening isn't high. As I researched for recipes, this one caught my eye and I had to try it. 

Strawberry Beet Brownies 

1 cup roasted beets
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
3 tablespoon of almond milk
4 eggs
6 medjools dates, pitted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup strawberries, chopped 

(I cheated and used Trader Joe's steam beets and frozen strawberries)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a pan
2. In a blender, pulse beets, coconut oil, almond milk, eggs, dates, vanilla extract and strawberries until smooth
3. In a bowl, add salt, baking soda, cinnamon, coconut flour, and cocoa powder together and whisk into wet ingredients 
4. Pour batter into the greased pan 
5. Bake for 40 mins or until toothpick comes out clean when stuck in



Maybe it was because I used steamed beets instead of roasted beets and frozen strawberries instead of fresh strawberries but the brownies tasted interesting. It didn't taste bad but it's definitely not like a regular brownie. I did liked these brownies more with a nice scoop of mint chocolate chip gelato though haha. My roommate however said that he loved it since it wasn't too sweet.

Thank you for dropping by and reading the last remix of the year. Have a safe, blessed, and happy new year everyone!! :)

<3, phu


No comments:

Post a Comment