Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Time

I've just returned from a weekend trip to NYC where the weather's mid 90's and humid. You'd think I'd be juiced to pull out tiny sundresses and shorts. (Fog City summers aren't the warmest.) Unfortunately, a week prior, I took a huge butt flop off a bridge into a river that left both thighs and my behind black and blue. So I turned to maxis with a high-low hem for cool, effortless travel with coverage.
This sheer coral maxi from Urban Outfitters is lined with t-shirt material. So comfy! (And it was on sale ;)

Another thing that's kept me cool in the rare summer heat is this simple watermelon salad. It's similar to the Fresh Peach Side Salad from last year's July post.

Fresh Watermelon Side Salad
  • Watermelon, cubed
  • Feta, crumbled
  • Arugula
  • Mint, finely chopped
  • Red onion, thinly sliced
  • Olive oil
  • Apple cider vinegar
  • Salt
  • Pepper
The key is to let the red onion slices marinate in the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper before dressing the rest of the ingredients.

Happy Summer!
<3 C

No comments:

Post a Comment